Make your everyday life easier with some sorcery. Add the magic of Halloween to your texts and mesmerise your readers with our tips!
- Use your crystal ball. Many writers know how to look back and analyse the past, which doesn’t require magic. But the best authors can look into the future and anticipate how things will take shape. Take hold of your crystal ball and make use of your knowledge. By answering the question “What if?” you'll always create bewitching views for your readers.
- Surprise them with your magic wand. Poof! The effect of the magic wand lies in the element of surprise, when the audience experiences something completely unexpected and baffling. Do the same with your text. Surprise your readers, break the mould and combine oddities; readers love the extraordinary and unexpected.
- Know your witches’ brew. The recipe for a witches’ brew is a secret that can only be revealed to her inner circle. The recipe for a magical text has five important ingredients: a subject that spurs curiosity, a beginning that ensnares the reader, an exciting structure and an unforgettable ending ... and then, it needs a white-magic spell.
- Cast a white-magic spell. Only a real wizard, a writer who dares to go out on a limb, knows how to cast the right spell. A wizard channels cosmic energy through his brain and heart into the text awaiting a spell. Only the writer’s persona can breathe life into the written word and give it a soul. When a text arouses interest, emotions and reason, the entranced reader can’t put it down!
- Even witchcraft can’t always help. A poor story can’t be saved even by a good translation.
Enjoy Pumpkin Day with its witches, ghosts and goblins ... Happy Halloween!
P.S. Did you know that Isis is the goddess of magic?